In case you don't know the name

In case you don't know the name
Love this little guy

Monday, January 20, 2014

Why can't we all just get along?

What a week!  As usual, the dance world had some fun.  It's been several months since the last blow up and now we get another.  Oddly enough, the same girl is at the center of them both...  Go figure!

Now, I'd really like to be a-political here.  I truly would.  I enjoy creating and performing short 1 person animated plays (imho what dance actually is, since my butt is firmly in the chair while I'm doing it) and therefore there are times that things have to be said.



All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

I figure this applies to slaves as well.  It certainly applies to me.  Ain't seen a windmill yet I didn't want to tilt, though I try to pick which ones I take on.  There are people in the dance world I just can't stand for personal reasons, just like there are people in RL I can't stand.  When I'm forced to associate with them in public, I try to keep that under wraps.  I am polite and civil.  I recommend to those I'm introducing to the process of creating animated plays on SL that they be polite and civil.  And naive idiot that I am, I'm always surprised when others don't follow the same rules.

This week I tilted at sage betson's blog.  It was a combination of frustration before I let go my inhibitions and cultured my inner sarcastic bitch.  Then I had fun!  If anyone wants to play, the current brew-haha is here: http://sagebetsen.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/what-hurts-the-gorean-dance-community/

The LAST time sage got bored and felt she wasn't getting enough attention (ok, that might be harsh, but she reminds me of Canada Post, which seems to shriek 'STRIKE' every time Christmas rolls around and they haven't been in the news lately) is here:  http://dancingconfessions.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/confession-13-shit-rolls-downhill/

Do I think you should read them?  Yes.  Don't eat first.  Do I think you should make your own decisions?  YES!  Do I care which you make?  Kinda, but not enough to listen to your input in this case.  Hollar all ya want, I will likely ignore them.  There are many topics on which I will welcome thoughtful and considered input.  I suspect in this case we won't get either for this topic.

For me, I will actively avoid or withdraw from contests where sage is competing or involved. That means I'm going to come across as a difficult bitch sometimes, though I'll try to be clear with organizers.  I'd rather not compete than give her my tacit approval.  I stopped competing after the last round of bullshit and had been back into it.  This kind of crap leaves a bad taste and if I'm not dancing for the love of it, why am I doing it?

Next blog will be a-political (or mostly)!  Thank you for listening to my rant.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I had heard the chatter but wasn't sure of the occurrence.
    The link to sage's blog is interesting...to see all the half truths, slanted statements and blatant hypocrisy. While I agree that the campus needs to stop judging their own contests, the memories of sage's attempt to influence a contest in her own sim boggles my mind to see that blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given there's usually at least one outside judge and Mistress Janette and I'm often another, I'd LIKE to think think we're unbiased. Since I usually don't have a clue who's who anywhere (just not that good with names *shrugs*) I don't know where any particular dancer is from.

    ReplyDelete